I will be at 26 weeks tomorrow but I have missed posting the last few weeks so here is a catch up on the grow of junior or pretzel as K would call him. We have no idea why she came up with this name but she tells many people we are going to name him pretzel.
24 weeks
About the size of an ear of corn: Just over a pound & a foot long.
Brain is growing quickly now & taste buds are continuing to develop
His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. (Praying our little guys lungs are developing right on time or a little ahead of schedule just in case)
His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Baby's face is almost completely formed, down to the tiny eyelashes.
Baby probably knows which way is up now that his inner ear, which controls balance, has finished developing. He might realize whether he is upside down or right side up inside your amniotic sac.
Baby probably is continuing to become more active.
His movements right now are important for stimulating muscle growth, keeping joints flexible, and strengthening bones.
Right now, your baby probably is gaining about 6 ounces each week (this makes me very happy to hear)
25 weeks
About 13-1/2" long & around a 1-1/2 lbs. Compared to a small cantaloupe.
Beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more like a newborn.
He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.
Baby uses his tiny developing hands to learn about himself and his environment. He even can make a fist. (he will need to practice to defend himself from his big sis)
J & I feel better about my pregnancy with each week that passes by. I think we along with our doctor will feel even better once we reach the 30 week mark. Hope you are enjoying reading about baby Wilkens development as much as us.
K & baby brother stories:
I was half asleep on the couch Friday morning when I could feel pain at my belly button. K decided she would feed baby brother a cheerio & tried to do it through my belly button. Let's just say she crushed it & I had to clean out my sore belly button.
Today before nap time she was down stairs playing & ran upstairs with a baby doll asking about where her baby brother's bed had gone. Well after some more talking & pointing up in her bedroom I figured out she was wanting to know what happened to the crib. I explained we would sit it back up again once the baby was here & had moved out of his bassinet. So cute. Just glad to hear she was worried about where the little guy would be sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment