Thursday, January 6, 2011

Update..

Just thought I would update everyone on my doctor's appointment yesterday.  I had another internal sonogram & my cervix is shorter than two weeks ago.  In some cases the shorter your cervix the more likely to have preterm labor.  It's not at a below average length yet where they need to do anything but the doctor was a little concerned in only two weeks it had changed a cm.  Also in this past week I have had a few Braxton Hicks which I am really early to be having these especially with preterm labor from last time.  The doctor thinks I should just take it easy & he will check me again next week.  I just could have done too much over the holidays so hopefully my body can rest & keep our little guy safe in my tummy.  We are trusting in God that our little boy will stay put as long as possible & that he will lead a healthy life once he does arrive just like his big sister. 

We received some great news last night about my job though.  The oil company I work for has offered to purchase a labtop, printer & any other office supplies so that I am able to work from home.  I had sent my boss an email late Tuesday night about getting a just a laptop.  And he contacted me right after my doctor's appointment yesterday & wanted to come talk at our house last night.  They were very open to the idea especially after I told them about my appointment yesterday.  Talk about some amazing people to work for.  From them contacting me about this job (can't believe I ever questioned if I should take it or not),  raises I have received, & now this.  I will still have to go out to their house to file & check in with the guys during the week but for the most part I will be able to get most things done from home.  This is such a amazing news for us especially after my appointment yesterday.  We are not trying to think negetive about the pregnancy at all but we do have to get prepared for what could possibly happen.  So if I would end up on bedrest or in hospital to keep the little guy put this would be a huge help.  And if we get it set up soon we wouldn't be rushed later on trying to figure out how it will all work.  And it will continue to be great for us because I will be able to be at home more with the little ones, I won't be having to drag the little guys stuff out to their house with me, & it gives my mom a much needed break from grandkids.    Such a blessing!  I haven't stopped smiling since they left our house last night. 

I have some great pictures of J & K's beauty shop in our bathroom the other night that I hope to get posted tonight.  Let's just say I got a call on my way home from Wal-Mart the other night with J asking where the finger nail polish remover was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment